The Iowa City Public Library located on Linn Avenue adjacent to the pedway is a modern, open, light-filled library that opened in 2004. The library offers more than just book and magazines - it has videos, DVDs, music, downloadable media, book clubs and more. Free wi-fi and internet terminals are offered at the library.
The Iowa City Public Library has recently been named one of the Top 5 Children’s Libraries by Livability.com, a national website that highlights more than 500 of America’s best places to live.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 10am - 9pm; Fri, 10am - 8pm; Sat, 10am - 6pm; Sun, noon - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: Parking, ramp, washrooms
- Founding Date: Mar 01, 1896
- What makes this community special?: Citizens have helped make this library among the best in the U.S.
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Size of collection: 218,967
- Specialties: Books are tops here
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases
- Book donation information: Check the website.
- Wi-Fi: Free