Englert Civic Theatre
The Englert Civic Theatre maintains the Englert Theatre as a community arts center and performance venue. The Englert Theatre has been a fixture in Iowa City since 1926. It was originally a movie house and is now a multi-purpose venue. Visit the website for current free and paid performances, as well as movies.
- Hours: Visit the website for upcoming performances
- Handicap Accessible: Parking, ramp
- Founding Date: September 26, 1926
- Student discounts: Yes
- Senior discounts: Yes
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: Yes
- Alcohol served: No
- Coat/bag check: No
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Restrictions: No pets
- Music specialties: Blues, Classical, Folk, Jazz, Latin, Rock
- Which performer or group that has visited the venue is the most interesting or memorable?: "We've had everyone from Judy Collins to Ashton Kutcher to showings of The Rocky Horror Picture Show," says an Englert Civic Theatre representative.