Look, the Q is still in Missouri. Let's all taunt it from our current safe location.
See Also from the Weather Channel:
Here's Iowa Winter Storm Q's forecast from the Weather Channel:
- Q is forecast to hit Des Moines by noon Thursday as it blows northeast across the state. More snow is forecast for Friday.
- In Des Moines, Thursday's evening commute is expected to be treacherous.
- Schools in Council Bluffs, Hamburg, Sidney and Underwood canceled classes Thursday.
- Up to a foot of snow is expected in some spots west of Interstate 35.
- The storm is expected to produce light, fluffy snow prone to blowing and drifting.
More specific to Johnson County, here is the latest from the National Weather Service in the Quad Cities:
.WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 3 PM CST FRIDAY...
* TIMING...SNOW WILL DEVELOP IN NORTHEAST MISSOURI...SOUTHEAST IOWA AND WESTERN ILLINOIS MID TO LATE AFTERNOON. THE SNOW WILL THEN SPREAD NORTHEAST OVER THE REMAINDER OF THE AREA EARLY THIS EVENING. OCCASIONAL LIGHT SNOW WILL LINGER INTO FRIDAY.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...6 TO 7 INCHES...ISOLATED 8 INCHES POSSIBLE.
* WINDS...EAST 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS TO NEAR 30 MPH PRODUCING SOME BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW THIS EVENING. THE WINDS WILL DIMINISH OVERNIGHT INTO FRIDAY.
* VISIBILITIES...LESS THAN A MILE IN THE HEAVIER SNOW.
* TEMPERATURES...IN THE MID 20S.
* IMPACTS...CONDITIONS WILL DETERIORATE RAPIDLY ONCE THE SNOW BEGINS. TRAVEL WILL BECOME HAZARDOUS DUE TO POOR VISIBILITY AND ROADS BECOMING QUICKLY SNOW COVERED AND ICY.