9. An Ankeny schools staffer described the challenges her family faces having a child with autism - first off getting a doctor to believe her son had a problem. Jessica Hahn told her family's story to draw attention for Autism Awareness Month.
8. Neighbors found a woman bloodied, having been stabbed and sexually assaulted, in a stairwell this week. Police say a Marion man connected with the woman on a her when they met up in person.
7. In Iowa City, the University of Iowa community received good news that after a bad accident, had opened her eyes. A Fundly webpage has been set up to help with her medical expenses.
6. An Iowa State University football star from Waukee had dreams of getting picked in the NFL Draft. Did Jake Knott get picked or will he get a tryout with an NFL squad as a free agent?
5. The Johnston school district made an interesting bond with a community in Kosovo. Leaders from as part of a four-day tour.
4. Two men have been charged for their connection to a home invasion that occurred in Urbandale.
3. An Afghan war vet from Cedar Falls who lost all or parts of all four arms and legs while serving his country, is among a group of wounded warriors reaching out to help injured survivors of the Boston Marathon bombing - many of who are also now amputees.
2. From the Ames Patch, 56-year-old Nevada man David Weigel and Grady Marx, of Sioux City, , according to the Iowa Department of Public Safety.
1. Retired West Des Moines police officer Doug Woods says he’s an on the dollar for donations to replenish the Des Moines metro food pantry shelves.
Read more Top Stories from Iowa: