Big Ten Wrestling Championships 2013 Semifinal Round: Final Results
KCJJ is broadcasting the Big Ten Wrestling tournament. The Iowa Hawkeyes are still in the running as action advances to the semifinals Follow their audio stream and our Liveblog.
Updated at 9:18 p.m. Saturday with semifinal results
Iowa is sending four wrestlers to the finals of the 2013 Big Ten Championships.
Matt McDonough, Tony Ramos, Mark Ballweg and Mike Evans all were victorious in the semifinals on Saturday in Champaign, IL.
Still, the Hawkeyes suffered a blow when their defending Big Ten champion at 157 pounds, Derek St. John, fell in his match.
Iowa is in third place in the team score with 109 points. Penn State has 123 points and Minnesota is at 112.5. Iowa is not out of the team race, but it is not promising at this point.
In the finals, two-time NCAA champion McDonough will face Jesse Delgado of Illinois, who has defeated the nearly invincible McDonough twice.
Session 3 of the championships begin at 11:30 a.m. on Sunday.
125: Matt McDonough of Iowa vs. Jesse Delgado of Illinois
133: Logan Stieber of Ohio State vs. Tony Ramos of Iowa
141: Hunter Stieber of Ohio State vs. Mark Ballweg of Iowa
174: Mike Evans of Iowa vs. Matt Brown of Penn State.
Semifinal results from Saturday
125: Matt McDonough of Iowa pins at 2:46 Sean Boyle of Michigan.
133: Tony Ramos of Iowa 3-1 decision over Tyler Graff of Wisconsin.
141: Mark Ballweg of Iowa 3-1 decision over Nick Dardanes of Minnesota.
157: James Green of Nebraska 5-4 decision over Derek St. John of Iowa
165: David Taylor of Penn State 15-0 technical fall over Nick Moore of Iowa
174: Mike Evans of Iowa 6-0 decision over Jordan Blanton of Illinois
184: Ed Ruth of Penn State major decision over Ethen Lofthouse of Iowa.
197: Scott Schiller of Minnesota 3-1 decision in overtime over Nathan Burak of Iowa.
285: Tony Nelson of Minnesota 1-0 decision over Bobby Telford of Iowa.
Where will Iowa Wrestling finish at the Big Ten Wrestling Tournament? The semifinals are currently going.
See More on Patch
- Iowa Wrestling Advanced Six Wrestlers to Quarterfinals. Team Fourth in Standings After Day One
- 2013 NCAA Wrestling Championships in Des Moines: Wrap Up of Coverage
- Watch This: Coach Brands and Iowa Hawkeye Wrestlers Talk NCAA Championships
- University of Iowa Hawkeyes Sending Nine Wrestlers to NCAA Wrestling Championships
- Big Ten Wrestling Championship Final Results: Penn State Wins the Tourney, Iowa Finishes Third
Most Popular articles
- Police: Cabby, Wife Steal $15K in Jewelry of Widower's Late Wife, Then He Returns to Borrow Money
- No More Animal House? Iowa Fraternities and Sororities Seek Exception to Prevent End of Greek System
- Five Charged in Fight at City High
- WOW HOMES: From Great Gatsby to Grapes of Wrath
- Police Find 1/4 Pound Pot, LSD in SUV Headed to Jamband Music Festival in Illinois