In an interview with ABC News that aired Wednesday, President Barack Obama became the first sitting president to say he personally believes gay marriage should be legalized.
Of course Iowa is already ahead (or behind, depending on who you ask) of the curve on gay marriage and many other gay rights. Don't believe me? Check out this interactive infographic of legal rights for gay people across the country.
So how did gay friendly Iowa City respond? Read this Storify story to get a sample of some of the responses on both Facebook and Twitter.
See More on Patch
- Listen to Iowa Students' Message to Minnesota After Vote to Legalize Gay Marriage
- Republicans Like Iowa Mayor’s Record; Will He Seek Harkin Seat?
- 2012 Election Autopsy: Voters Shunned GOP for Being ‘Scary’ and ‘Narrow Minded’
- Johnson County Legislator is Sponsor of Anti-Gay-Marriage Bill
- Rep. Loebsack Speaks Out Against Sequester, As Budget Cuts Could Crunch Schools, Social Services, Military in Iowa
Most Popular articles
- Police: Cabby, Wife Steal $15K in Jewelry of Widower's Late Wife, Then He Returns to Borrow Money
- Five Charged in Fight at City High
- No More Animal House? Iowa Fraternities and Sororities Seek Exception to Prevent End of Greek System
- Iowa City Weather Alert: Tornado Watch for Johnson County Until 10:00 P.M. Sunday
- Iowa City Police: Assailant Cut Through Woman's Tent with Knife, Threatened to Kill Her and Family Members