Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley's Twitter account, and his cavalier use of abbreviations seemingly of his own creation, are a powerful force in the Twitter Universe. He has, at this time, over 65,000 followers.
But perhaps no Tweet developed a following more of its own than the Tweet with a single "U" sent out by Grassley Wednesday afternoon: Grassley Perplexes Twitter with a Single Letter. (Mashable)
Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley and Twitter aficionado is known for his oft-mispelled tweets and ability to cram as many thoughts as possible into 140 characters — or none at all.
Grassley left Twitter users with unanswered questions on Wednesday after tweeting what appears to be a typo. It was just the letter "U.
Twitter users took it upon themselves to solve the riddle with song lyrics, puns and other responses you'd expect from trolling.
I collected several Iowa responses in the Storify above, peppering in a few national quips as well. But there are some more clever examples at the Mashable link as well.
What do U think? Have a favorite reply? Tell us in comments.
Other Iowa Patch political stories:
See More on Patch
- Republicans Like Iowa Mayor’s Record; Will He Seek Harkin Seat?
- Do You Support a Sales Tax for Online Purchases?
- GOP Candidates Surface After Key Republicans Say 'No' to U.S. Senate Run
- GOP Primary Favorite Says He Won't Run for Iowa U.S. Senate Seat
- 2012 Election Autopsy: Voters Shunned GOP for Being ‘Scary’ and ‘Narrow Minded’
Most Popular articles
- Police: Cabby, Wife Steal $15K in Jewelry of Widower's Late Wife, Then He Returns to Borrow Money
- Movie Reviews: 'Star Trek Into Darkness', 'Iron Man 3', 'The Big Wedding' and More
- UPDATE on City High Fight: Principal Says School Fight Spillover From Neighborhood
- Would You Dine in a Parking Space? You Can Try in Iowa City
- Did Tamed-Down Drinking Scene Force Iowa City Business to Downsize?